BE STILL AND LOOK, UNTIL YOU REALLY SEE…
A FULL DAY BEGINNERS DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY COURSE
with Reenie Marx
This full day course has 2 main goals: to develop your “eye” so that you begin to truly see what’s around you and to enable you to use your camera properly to capture what you see. The course is limited to 4 students per session in order to provide the maximum one on one time.
ORGANIZATION OF THE COURSE:
- A brief look at where you’re presently at in your photographic development and interests
- A reflection on the “art” of seeing and how can it be developed
- A simple method of achieving the perfect exposure and depth of field through a clear understanding of the relationship between the aperture opening (A), ISO, and shutter speed (S) functions on your camera.
- A brief discussion of composition principles and techniques for working with various light conditions.
- Time for you to practice, ask questions and solve specific problems
- Following lunch, there will be a 45 minute photo shoot at a lovely nearby location where you will have an opportunity to practice some of the principles and techniques you’ve just learned.
- Upon return we will view, discuss and choose one of the photos you’ve just taken and I will print one for you on fine art paper using my Epson archival ink printer.
A delicious homemade lunch will be served. Following the photo shoot, coffee or tea will be served.
HERE’S WHAT SOME PREVIOUS STUDENTS HAVE SAID ABOUT THE COURSE:
"I highly recommend Reenie's 1 day photography session. I had taken two full year photography courses and read manuals and books only to feel overwhelmed by the process. She made it so simple. I learned more in the 3 hour morning session than all of my previous attempts. At the end of the day after the afternoon session in the field, I felt that I could control the camera and had the confidence to go out and do what I wanted with it. The session is well worth the money." – A very happy Reginald!
"Your encouragement has given me the confidence to trust my intuition and further explore my passion for photography." – Patricia B
"Thank you for teaching me different, out of the ordinary ways of seeing, reminding me to see what’s right there in front of me, rather than stressing out about what settings should be. I got so much more than I expected to out of the class, I couldn't wait to get out with my camera the next morning. Since taking the class I’ve become very passionate about experimenting, taking photos in a whole new way without boundaries and restrictions." – Barbara H
To inquire about dates, or register for a course please contact me